Tuesday 13 August 2013

Asking for help

Somebody once said it is easier to give help than ask for it. Well, I had some time to think about it and had at last, after 3 months and a few days, ask for help. It wasn't easy, but there it is, I have done it.
As if it isn't enough that all people who have read about me now know my weight, height, age, health, knee problems and any other fiscal attributes that was deemed necessary to share,  they now know that I actually need help too.
Something else I found out, is that it is actually not easy to handle all the feelings and emotions when you start receiving the help you asked for. It is the most humbling experience of my life. You can not tell people, because you choke-up to the point where you can't get a word out. You keep saying thank you, but after a while, you start wondering if people really understand just how thankful you really are.
Not all experiences have been positive though and I will never say that everybody must support me or our case, but don't be a bully and attack me personally, it hurts.
Some of the most heartfelt messages were negative, but it shows that there are people passionate enough about New Zealand that they are willing to protect it. Out of this we all can learn, and even if people like them struggle to believe it, I will always carry a Kiwi-bit in my heart. Some of the best times in my life, and I have only spent 10% of it in New Zealand, is things and experiences I had here. I was fortunate enough to see and feel the love towards Christchurch after the earthquakes. From the students, farmers and normal citizens that jumped in and helped the people who lost it all, too all the support and love we have been shown in the last 4 months of our struggle.
New Zealanders, you must be proud of who you are and what you stand for. I have only been here for a very short while (so far I hope), but I will never regret mu choice to come here. This Country is worth fighting for.

This is God's own!

No comments:

Post a Comment